Every year thousands of tonnes of gold are bought in the world in the form of jewellery, coins, gold bars, how much we all love gold ornaments. Wherever people go for a walk they wear gold chains, rings, etc.Talking about women, they are also second to none, but the trend of gold jewelry has come from them. Most of the Indians like to invest their money in gold jewellery. But do you know where this gold comes from? So know which are the five largest gold mines in the world?
1. The largest gold mine in the world by production is the Nevada Gold Mine, located in the US. Every year 115 to 170 tonnes of gold is extracted here. If it is seen in kilograms, then it extracts up to 1 lakh 70 thousand kilograms of gold here. According to reports, in the year 2018, Nevada produced 5,581,160 troy ounces (173.6 tonnes), which is 78% of US gold and 5.0% of the world’s production.
2. Uzbekistan is the second country in the world in the production of gold. Here gold is extracted from the Muruntau mine, the length of this mine is about 3.35 kilometers and the width is about 2.5 kilometers. Its depth is up to 560 meters, here 66 tonnes of gold is produced annually. According to an estimate, there is a possibility of around 5000 tonnes of gold in this mine.bout 5000 tonnes of gold in this mine.
3. The world’s third largest gold mine is located in Indonesia. Here gold is extracted from the Grasberg mine, this mine is the world’s largest mine in terms of area. In this, about 18 thousand people are engaged in work, about 42.3 tonnes of gold was extracted from this mine in 2015.
4. The fourth largest gold mine in the world is located in Peru. Here gold is extracted from the Yancocha mine, the work and share of running this mine is from Newmont, Minas Buenaventura and International Financial Corp. About 28.6 tonnes of gold was extracted from this mine in the year 2015.
5. The fifth largest gold mine in the world is located in Mexico. Here gold is extracted from the Penascinto mine, the work of running this mine is of Goldcorp. About 26 tonnes of gold was extracted from this mine in the year 2015.